Property law is an area of the law that governs what people own. It is an area of the law that states who can own land and/or personal items, how they can use them and with what conditions.
Our conveyancing processes are streamlined and efficient to ensure that your purchase or sale of a property is smooth sailing. We take our clients from exchange through to settlement with no stress or hassle for our client.
Buying a property?
Below is an outline of a typical residential conveyance when you are a Purchaser buying a property:
- we advise you on the contract for sale and purchase of land;
- if necessary, we will negotiate any amendments prior to contracts being exchanged;
- discuss due diligence you may undertake;
- attend to exchange of contracts;
- conduct mandatory searches following exchange;
- liaise with the broker or bank to prepare the matter for settlement;
- prepare the matter for settlement via the electronic network, PEXA;
- attend to settlement.
Selling a property?
Below is an outline of a typical residential conveyance when you are the Vendor and you are selling a property:
- you will need to appoint a real estate agent to market your property;
- a Contract for Sale and Purchase of Land is prepared by a lawyer or a conveyancer to ensure that all vendor disclosure obligations are satisfied;
- the Contract is provided to the real estate agent to commence marketing the property;
- once a buyer has been found and a price has been agreed between the Vendor and the Purchaser, the real estate agent issues a sales advice to each party’s lawyer or conveyancer;
- contracts are exchanged;
- liaise with any mortgagee on title to prepare the necessary papers (discharge authority) to prepare the matter for settlement;
- attend to settlement via the electronic network, PEXA.
We have acted for both landlords and tenants with regard to commercial leasing of premises. We have experience in advising on the obligations under leases and identifying areas of risk for our clients.