Sale and purchase of businesses
We have been involved in many aspects of commercial law such as diverse and complex sales and purchases of businesses. We understand the importance of due diligence and are experienced in drafting the sale or purchase contract. Some of the types of businesses which we have acted for include:
- the purchase of a caravan park in Qld;
- buying and selling cafes;
- sales of petrol stations;
- buying retail businesses, including a retailer of fireplaces and BBQ products, retailers of lawn mowing machines and an automotive workshop;
- acting for a purchaser of an AusPost outlet.
Commercial Law includes Trademarks. We offer assistance for clients seeking to apply for and register a trademark to protect their business’ interests. We are familiar with the trademark application process and are able to assist if IP Australia raise any objections throughout the trademark application process.
We have assisted franchisees in regard to disputes with franchisors and to re-negotiate terms for a Franchise Agreement. We have experience advising franchisors with respect to their obligations and preparing Franchise documentation.